Tuesday 7 July 2015

And.... we started

Last week we started.

July 1st, and I couldn't be with the interns... July 2nd, and I was there for a day.
Not enough, tomorrow I will go back again.

So I have a lot of things to think about:
- How do I empower the interns? We are a team, and they need to make decisions, more decisions than myself.
- I need to teach them while I am remote, and I need to learn from them. I can't forget they are the professional in this... I am just learning. The problem is the big list of things to learn
  •  What is charging and billing
  • Ruby
  • Ruby on Rails
  • ManageIQ, what is it for
  • Open Source...
So we had an interesting meeting where I talked with them about Open Source, charging, a little about the product.... and that is all. This week I expect to show them a demo, see how they are doing, start listening...

At least, we know:
- We are going to be using TravisCI for CI... Trello, Rspec... More things to learn in the real world

No comments:

Post a Comment