Saturday 26 September 2015

rbenv

So you need to develop in Ruby.

I am working now with a couple of different environment:
- ManageIQ needs Ruby 2.2.3
- Openshift.com, where I am developing an application (PaaS is nice), needs to use 2.0.0p645.

So I started to have a look at how is the best way to do it.  In RubyonRails.org it is recommended to use rbenv, so I did give it a try.

I followed the instructions to set up the environment, compiled a new ruby, installed it for my application... and did a bundler install.... "ERROR"

Those things of installing with git clone. Dependencies where not there. It took me a while to search the web and see that I need to install cmake, and some libraries for development that were needed to compile the gems (mariadb-devel, etc).

After that
$ gem update --system
$ gem update
$ gem pristine --all
$ gem install

And then
$sudo dnf install npm  #for node.js needed to run jscript and rails generate with it

made the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment