Saturday 23 May 2015

Interns

So... If you have to find interns, what would you be looking for...

In my case:
  • Passion for open source
  • English, at a good level
  • Technical knowledge at a certain level
  • Something more that I just can't define

I was told as a student - eons ago - that you can have to types of university studies that are worth looking for:
- The first one has high marks, they are good students, you know they can learn and do academic things.
- The second one is the collaborative one. They work, they do more things than just studying, they are open to the world, work in teams.

I like both. I understand that every team need to have a mix of different people, and profiles, be balanced. I wonder what is the best for Red Hat. So I want to see their grades so far, I want to know how they work with people, and I want to see if they are good programming. I've asked them to bring a small program in a language that they don't normally use but they will need in the project, Ruby and Ruby on Rails.

And, what do you ask them? I haven't realized how complex is to do the right questions in a short interview to know them.

We are so close to start now...

No comments:

Post a Comment