Saturday 9 May 2015

Starting point

Back to the future

A few years ago I was having the best time of my life at work. I was doing standardization at OMA, working in R&D on charging and billing at Vodafone, travelling around the world, singing every morning.
For different reasons, I decided to move on. Let's say that I was comfortable with my work but the impact was somehow tiny, just pats in the back, and pay "could be better", so I was impelled to change work. A pity, as I believed - and still believe - that I was making a difference.
I've been missing that since I left, enjoying my new work, learning new things, and thinking how could I have done the work better, and created new opportunities for me and for the company.
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to do it again. I am currently working with a couple of universities to see if we can develop, in the best of the R&D world, a new functionality into the ManageIQ Open Source product. 
Coming back to charging and billing, with universities, researching new ways of gather and present information in the cloud, developing something real and that can make a change.

 I will use this blog to show what we are doing and, in the best of the open source world, gather inputs and ideas to implement

This is so good :D

Sergio

No comments:

Post a Comment